TRENDING : #THOUGHTSONTHELASTDAYOFTHEYEAR
* Who’s going to be the new Black Media Mascot for 2018? You know, the one they prop up, place on a pedestal, and focus on a few sound bites from them that are divisive to Black society?
* One shouldn’t claim “woke” if they don’t see economics as the answer to most of our societal problems as a group.
* Everyone claims to have grown in a year’s time. No one admits to to going backwards. Many claim it’s not a loss because they’ve learned a lesson, but in reality, they didn’t really learn the lesson and they’re regurgitating that cliché saying to make themselves feel good. Sometimes you have to call a loss a loss. Ironically, I consider that “growth”.
* People who don’t want to be labeled seem to always compartmentalize and label others who may disagree with them.
* Things That Should Be Left In 2017:
- Snapchat Animal filters
- Non-Constructive “debates”
- Celebrating Mediocrity
Y’all be cool.
TRENDING : THE EGO MONSTER
Ego is a muthafucka. It's always been around, but today's climate has it on steroids. With tens or hundreds of thousands of people all chiming in with opinions, we see this play out often on social media, reality shows, and even everyday life. Ego uncontrolled is self destructive and often deadly. It makes situations and the possibility for negative scenarios escalate in a nano-second. Tempers flair. Emotions rage. People want to win. People don't want to look weak. No one wants to back down even if for the greater good. Ego won't allow that. And the consequences are often predictable...fucked up results.
People won't be checking their egos anytime soon. If anything, I expect it to infect people at much earlier ages as they are further conditioned by the direction society is headed. "Compassion" and "Empathy" are endangered words, soon to be extinct. Interpersonal explosions are constantly happening publicly and inflated egos are the culprit. Unfortunately, the parties directly involved aren't the only casualties.
Ego is a helluva drug.
TRENDING : OUR TAKE ON THE NFL BOYCOTT:
I suggest boycotting any and all things NFL...attending games, watching games on TV, purchasing or wearing paraphernalia, etc.. We must also acknowledge that it's not just the NFL organization, each individual team should be held responsible as well. Their sponsors need to be boycotted also and told why. I'd even take it a step further to say if one owns any jerseys, t-shirts, or any merchandise currently, they should BURN THAT SHIT, record it, and post on social media tagging the NFL commissioner and that specific teams' owner and general manager. Tens of thousands of videos circulating the internet of jerseys burning would be historical!
Oh yeah, and start your own damn league.
TRENDING : AIN'T NO BLACK MAGIC, BIH
I hate the term "magic/magical" in describing the accomplishments of Black people. It's not magic. It's hard fuckin' work, dedication, discipline, talent, skill, making sacrifices, receiving support from others...whatever, but it's not "magic". All that "magic" rhetoric discounts the actual work that these people put in to achieve their goals/accomplishments. It's rather dehumanizing as well.